Bone Preserving Hip Replacement
Hip Replacement Patient demographics and expectations have changed.
Being younger, more active and wanting to return to their normal way of life quicker and without compromise, these patients require an implant that overcomes the limitations of conventional hip replacement.
MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement is designed to give patients all the advantages of a traditional total hip replacement with the added benefit of preserving the natural anatomy, offering a solution that is an ideal intervention for a patient requiring treatment options into the second, third and fourth decade.
MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement is designed to provide the bone preserving benefits of hip resurfacing with the stability of traditional total hip replacement
- Typically mid-neck resection, defined from the centre of rotation
- Trochanter conserving, neck preserving and diaphyseal sparing
- Promotes physiological loading
MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement has shown 99.5% survivorship at 3 years for aseptic loosening and has been awarded 3A rating for clinical excellence by the Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel (ODEP).
MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement is designed to preserve significantly more bone stock in the femoral neck, trochanter and diaphyseal region in comparison to other short and conventional stems, helping to promote more natural, physiological loading.
1. Trochanter conserving MiniHip™ is designed to follow the natural anatomy: there is no lateral flare and the entry point avoids the greater trochanter.
3. Neck preserving MiniHip™ neck resection is intended to preserve the neck and calcar to assist in promoting more natural physiological loading, unlike conventional Total Hip Replacement.
2. Diaphyseal sparing The length and design of MiniHip™ allows for more bone preservation of the medullary canal than traditional Total Hip Replacement. In addition, the distal tip of MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement is polished to reduce the risk of an increase in bone mineral density from occurring at this point.
Minimally Invasive Anterior Approach – Preserving Soft Tissue
MiniHip™ is an ideal implant for use with a direct anterior approach hip replacement, soft tissue sparing procedure, as it follows the natural anatomy by going ‘round the corner’ of the calcar.
Direct anterior approach patients have reported earlier discharge and return to an active life as compared to patients who receive the posterior approach.
The MiniHip™ Bone Preserving Hip Replacement implant and MIAA™ instrumentation systems are ideally suited to direct anterior, helping to facilitate patient recovery and a faster return to activity.
MiniHip™ Hip Replacement offers a unique way of restoring biomechanics for different patient anatomies.
MiniHip™ is a CT based design and is not constrained in its placement by a conventional, intrusive lateral profile.
This provides a unique solution to restoring the biomechanics of multiple patient anatomies.